This post may be sponsored or may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Read the full disclosure.
Google is the biggest website in the world and one of the most popular companies overall. It’s the most valuable online resource for most of your information so much so that “Google it” has become the most common way to tell someone to do a web search.
It’s no surprise that the company makes a ton of money but did you know that you can make money online with Google, too? Now you do! That’s what we are here to talk about.
There are six primary ways to make a little extra cash online with Google and I’m going to help you get started. It’s easy and all you need is access to the Internet and a few basic skills.
1. Google Opinion Rewards
Source: Google Play
Google Opinion Rewards is a great way to put some extra change in your pocket so to speak. All you have to do is take the occasional survey to receive a reward. You can find Google Opinion Rewards in your app store.
How it works:
- Download the app.
- Link your PayPal account.
- Answer some basic questions about yourself.
- Complete surveys (avg. about once per week.)
- Receive Google Play credits or money in your PayPal account.
Nothing could be easier than that! You never have to pay to use the app. It’s free to download and use any time. The survey reward can be as much as $1, though payment varies based on the length of the survey or information you provide.
2. Search Engine Evaluation
Believe it or not, you can get paid to search online. A good portion of the time that people spend on the Internet is taken up by research. That’s why Google is so popular and it’s why the job of search engine evaluator is increasing in demand.
Your job as a search engine evaluator is to analyze search engine results and make sure that these search engines (i.e. Google) are giving users the most relevant data to answer their questions.
You will be working remotely through one of the following companies:
Being a search engine evaluator requires training and tests but it pays off in the end! Most search engine evaluators get paid an average of $13 per hour.
3. Google Adsense
Source: Google Adsense
If you are the owner of a blog or a website, then Google Adsense is a perfect way to earn money doing what you love. This program essentially pays you for your website traffic. Each ad that your site visitors click earns you money!
With Google Adsense, you can simply paste the ad code wherever you want on your blog or site and let your readers do the rest. You do have to meet a minimum amount of clicks to get paid but the more your following grows, the better chances you have of making more money.
How to increase your website/blog traffic:
- Use effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to generate more clicks. SEO is a complex marketing method but it involves three key points: keywords, unique content, and quality links. To better understand the guidelines of SEO, check out this article.
- Advertise your blog/website on your social media accounts. This makes your site more visible to audiences previously unreached.
- Keep your blog or website up-to-date. Be consistent with your posts and updates if you want your site to do well. Neglecting it makes readers and followers lose interest in your content.
4. Google Play Books
Source: Google Play
The Google Play store is a hub for all of your app, music, movie, and book purchasing needs. You may already use it to download the latest game or album but one thing that many people don’t consider is selling their own work in the Google Play store.
If you’re an author, you can actually partner with Google to sell your books! The Google Play Book Partner Program allows you to have your works displayed in the Play store for people everywhere to buy. Google handles all of the hard work like sales and distribution for you; in new authors to get their work advertised to a wide range of audiences, this is a great deal.
That said, there are some limitations to the program that you should be aware of:
- This program is not available to writers in all countries just yet. To see the list of which countries do have access to the Google Play Book Partner Program, check out Google’s official statement.
- Google is only accepting a limited amount of publishers. You may not get into the partner program even if you are in a supported country. It’s still worth trying but this is not a guarantee by any means.
5. Google Play Apps
The Play Store is perhaps most popular for its app selection and you can partner with Google to sell your developed app. There’s a bit of a process for this and it isn’t free. Still, how else are you going to make money from your apps unless they’re in the app store for people to download?
How it works:
- Set up your Google Wallet merchant account. This comes with a registration fee of $25 and you must be over the age of 18. Sorry, young developers, give it a few more years and in the meantime, think up your next big ideas.
- Submit your app for testing with Google. The company determines whether it is ready for release.
- When your app is ready, set a price for purchase and get paid for every download.
Please note that this partner program is also not available in every country. Check out the list of supported countries before potentially wasting $25.
6. Google Audience Measurement
Do you spend a lot of time browsing the Internet and watching TV and movies? You can get paid for that, too! All you have to do is give Google permission to monitor and store your browsing data and purchases.
Google Audience Measurement is similar to Google Opinion Rewards in the sense that you’re allowing the company to study what’s popular with their audiences and stay up-to-date with the latest tech and media trends.
Based on the amount of browsing and watching you do, you can earn points for rewards.
When you agree to do this, keep in mind that Google keeps data on which sites you browse as well. If you are uncomfortable with this, it might be better to try your luck with the other options available. Google is a tech giant that has revolutionized the way we research and consume media. Because you’re such a frequent user, why not take advantage of all the money and rewards that you can earn? There’s nothing to lose when you earn money from Google.